Made a process GIF of the latest Eleanor & Park piece. Which I’ve always wanted to try but forget to save all the layers. Though watching this now makes the perfectionist in me want to go back a few steps on some areas…
Anyways, my basic process:
1. quick, loose thumbnail
2. Sketch in black in white. Working digital, I like to sketch with values instead of line- really more painting than drawing.
3. Add a layer set on “color” to get a loose idea of color direction. And then probably a “multiply layer to adjust values.
5. Add a texture layer, usually set to “overlay” but on this one I used “divide.” Turn the opacity down, Erase it out in some places as needed.
6. Paint some more! Over-work it! Flip layers on and off making little adjustments! Erase!
7. Finally decide I’ll ruin it if I work on it anymore. Post to tumblr, otherwise I would repeat step 6 ad infinitum.
*Not sure why the GIF is so grainy? oh well.
Currently obsessed with this book.